He later built a log house near modern-day Main Street, giving Martin Dreibelbis the title of the first citizen of Schuylkill Haven.
Martin Dreibelbis willed the original plot of the town to a son, Jacob.
Schuylkill Haven owns a second watershed located in Wayne Township with a small portion extending into Branch Township known as the Panther valley dam.
This water supply is no longer used but the earthen dam still exists today.
The Tumbling Run Reservoir, located about five miles (8 km) north of the borough, is the Schuylkill Haven's primary source of water.
Storage tanks at Willow Lake at the northern edge of the borough are an additional part of the borough's water facilities.
Schuylkill Haven is a focal point of activity in southern Schuylkill County.Fincher constructed a house and barn near the Schuylkill River, and called his small settlement "Fincher's Ford." The next known settler of Schuylkill Haven was Martin Dreibelbis, a German who arrived in the Spring of 1775.Martin Dreibelbis constructed a house, saw mill, distillery, and a grist mill on the eastern bank of the Schuylkill River.Present-day Columbia Street was the main residential district.Schuylkill Haven was developed around the Schuylkill River.